Self Check Out
Quick, easy, and convenient! Mullins Library invites you to come try the self check-out service near the west entrance desk. The self check-out system enhances your library borrowing experience by adding convenience and privacy.
For Easy and Quick Check-Out
- Insert your University ID card into the card reader and remove it quickly.
- Read the instructions on a pop-up screen.
- Place a book on the black plate with front cover of the book facing down and the spine of the book against the guide bar.
- Slowly slide the book forward until a laser beam lines up with the barcode on the back cover. When the title of the book appears on the monitor screen, the book has been checked out to your ID.
- Repeat the process for the remaining items you want to check out. Press the END button when you are finished and wait for a receipt to be printed. The receipt is your record of the due dates for the materials you’ve just checked out.
You May Not Be Able to Use the Self Check-Out System if:
- You do not have a University ID.
- Your ID has expired.
- You are not in the library system.
- Your library account has been blocked.
- The book does not have a barcode.
- The book is a non-circulating item.
- The book has a hold request on it.
If any of these situations occur, please seek assistance at the main circulation desk.
Ana Maria Alarcon, a student employee in Circulation, demonstrates the ease of using self check-out