The University Libraries Commitment to Excellence in Service
Quality service to library users is the core value of the University of Arkansas Libraries.
What you can expect from us:
- We will interact with you in a pleasant and professional manner.
- We will listen to your question and ask for clarification if needed.
- We will respect the confidentiality of both your research needs and your personal information.
- We will ensure that your information needs have been met.
- We will respect your time and refer you to a more appropriate location or expert only when it is necessary.
Our purpose is to:
- Provide information for students, faculty, and staff about library resources and services;
- Provide collections, services and assistance that encourage and support students, faculty, and staff in exploring the world of ideas and information and in developing the knowledge and skills they need to live, learn, work, and contribute to our society;
- Guide library users to appropriate materials in print, online and in other formats;
- Support in-depth research through class instruction, individual consultation, and the customization of research tools to meet user needs;
- Develop procedures and services that recognize and serve the wide ranging needs and learning preferences of all library users;
- Offer all our users the opportunity to comment on and make suggestions about our procedures and services.
Revised March, 2012.
Please contact us with suggestions or comments.