University of Arkansas home page Special Collections
  bullet Library Home  Special Collections Home  Manuscripts Home


Victor M. Watts Papers

Photograph albums, correspondence, and other papers, ca 1931-1968

Manuscript Collection 1223



INFORMATION  ABOUT VICTOR M. WATTS

Victor M. Watts, emeritus professor of horticulture and forestry, received his bachelor of science degree in 1924 from Pennsylvania State College, now Pennsylvania State University, his master of science degree in 1927 from the University of Wisconsin, and his Ph.D. in 1933 from Cornell University.  Watts joined the University of Arkansas in 1927 as an assistant professor of horticulture.  He was named head of the department of horticulture and forestry in 1949, a position he held until his retirement in 1968.  Victor M. Watts died on February 29, 1988.


INFORMATION ABOUT THE COLLECTION

George Bradley, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, donated the Victor M. Watts Papers to the Special Collections Division on October 27, 1992.

The papers consist of correspondence, a research paper, Advancing Wild Flower Conservation Among the Children of Arkansas by Victor M. Watts, two issues of the Arkansas Farm Research magazine with Watts's published articles, two photograph albums, and four group photographs from  various professional conferences and meetings.  The thesis, Growth and Fruiting Studies with the Tomato by Victor M. Watts was removed from these papers and cataloged in the main collection of the University of Arkansas Library.

Processed by Vera Ekechukwu, Special Collections Division, University of Arkansas Libraries,  Fayetteville, Arkansas, in November 1998.


CONTENTS OF THE COLLECTION (1 box)

Box 1

 1. Correspondence, ca 1931-1968.
 2. Research paper, n.d.
 3. Published articles, 1955, 1958.
 4. Group photographs, No. 1-4.
 5. Photograph album No. 1 (group photographs of staff and faculty members of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville).
 6. Photograph album No. 2 (created by the Forestry Department of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville).



Return to Special Collections Home Page
Return to University of Arkansas Libraries Home Page