Table of Contents
- Descriptive Summary
- Access Information
- Use Information
- Acquisition Information
- Processing Information
- Preferred Form of Citation
- Biographical Note
- Scope and Content Note
- Arrangement of the Papers
- Detailed Description of the Collection
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. Division of Student Affairs. University Housing
- University of Arkansas Dormitory Scrapbooks
- Inclusive Dates
- MC 1761
- 11.83 linear feet (7 boxes)
- Materials are in English.
- Special Collections Department, University of Arkansas Libraries
Please call (479) 575-8444 or email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your arrival to ensure availability of the materials.
No Use Restrictions Apply.
No Interlibrary Loan.
Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).
The University of Arkansas Dormitory Scrapbooks were transferred to Special Collections by Becky Howard, then Assistant Director for University Housing, on behalf of the University of Arkansas' University Housing in 2008.
Processed by John Poe; completed in July 2009.
Preferred Form of Citation
University of Arkansas Dormitory Scrapbooks (MC 1761), Special Collections, University of Arkansas Libraries, Fayetteville.
See Special Collections Citation Guide for more detailed information on how to cite specific documents from the collection.
Futrall Hall was named for Annie D. Futrall, who was the wife of Dr. John C. Futrall, the president of the University of Arkansas from 1913-1939. She acted as hostess for the University of Arkansas for 26 years. Futrall Hall first opened in 1963 and was renovated in 1999. In 2009 Futrall Hall operated as a co-ed freshmen and First Year Experience hall.
Holcombe Hall was named for Jobelle Holcombe. After graduating from the University of Arkansas in 1898 she worked as a professor of English from 1901to1942. Professor Holcombe served as the first Dean of Women from 1907 to 1913. Holcombe Hall was opened in 1949 and is located on the north side of campus near the Law School and Mullins Library.
Hotz Hall opened as a co-ed dorm built in the mid 1960s, and was renovated in the mid 1990s for use as university office space. It is now home to the University of Arkansas Department of Housing.
Humphreys Hall was named for Allen Sparrow Humphreys who served as Dean of Men from 1937 until 1945. It opened in 1961 and is located next door to the Brough Commons Dining Center.
Scope and Content Note
This collection was created principally by students in four dorms at the University of Arkansas, including Futrall Hall, Holcombe Hall, Hotz Hall, and Humphreys Hall. Materials include photos, newspaper clippings, flyers, and captions. The scrapbooks for Futrall Hall span the period 2000 to 2004. The scrapbook for Holcombe Hall spans the period 1968 to 1969. The scrapbook for Hotz Hall spans the period 1967 to 1968. The scrapbooks for Humphreys Hall span the period 1972 to 1974.
Arrangement of the Papers
Scrapbooks are arranged by residence hall.
Detailed Description of the Collection
The following contains a detailed list of the materials in the collection
|Box 1||Item 1||
Futrall Hall Scrapbook, 2000-2001
|Box 1||Item 2||
Futrall Hall Scrapbook, 2001-2002
|Box 2||Item 1||
Futrall Hall Scrapbook, 2002-2003
|Box 2||Item 2||
Futrall Hall Scrapbook, 2003-2004
|Box 3||Item 1||
Holcombe Hall Scrapbook, 1968-1969
|Box 4||Item 1||
Hotz Hall Scrapbook, 1967-1968
|Box 5||Item 1||
Humphreys Hall Scrapbook, 1970-1971
|Box 5||Item 2||
Humphreys Hall Scrapbook, 1971-1972
|Box 6||Item 1||
Humphreys Hall Scrapbook, 1972-1973
|Box 6||Item 2||
Humphreys Hall Scrapbook, 1973-1974
|Box 7||Item 1||
Untitled Scrapbook, March 2004
END OF COLLECTION