Table of Contents
- Descriptive Summary
- Access Information
- Use Information
- Acquisition Information
- Processing Information
- Preferred Form of Citation
- Historical Note
- Scope and Content Note
- Arrangement of the Papers
- Detailed Description of the Collection
- University of Arkansas Geology Club
- University of Arkansas Geology Club Materials
- Inclusive Dates
- Manuscript Collection 1983
- .5 linear feet (1 box)
- Materials are in English.
- Special Collections, University of Arkansas Libraries
Please call (479) 575-8444 or email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your arrival to ensure availability of the materials.
No Use Restrictions Apply.
No Interlibrary Loan.
Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).
The University of Arkansas Geology Club Records were donated to Special Collections, University of Arkansas Libraries in 2013 by the Geosciences Department.
Amy Allen, Janelle Pacheco, and Heath Robinson; completed in February 2014.
Preferred Form of Citation
University of Arkansas Geology Club Materials (MC 1983), Special Collections Department, University of Arkansas Libraries, Fayetteville.
See Special Collections Citation Guide for more detailed information on how to cite specific documents from the collection.
The J. C. Branner Geology Club was formed on February 5, 1925 by Professor C. G. Croneis and seven students majoring in geology. The club was named for John Casper Branner, (1850-1922). Dr. Branner was Arkansas’ State Geologist from June of 1877 until March of 1893, when state legislature decided to cut the position. Branner’s work in Arkansas led to the discovery of Bauxite throughout Pulaski and Saline counties in addition to fourteen published volumes on the geology of Arkansas.
The Branner Geology Club was established with a more scientific than social focus as a way to allow students majoring and minoring in Geology and related fields to discuss topics through presentation of papers from journals as well as original research. The group also served as a way to help its members transition from the undergraduate years to postgraduate and professional careers by providing a network of useful contacts. This collection contains materials from the club’s beginning in 1925 until 1955.
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains meeting minutes, newsletters, and a scrapbook.
Arrangement of the Papers
Materials are arranged by type then chronologically.
Detailed Description of the Collection
The following contains a detailed list of the materials in the collection
|Box 1||Folder 1||
Meeting Minutes Materials, 1925-1935
|Box 1||Folder 2||
Meeting Minutes Materials, 1937-1947
|Box 1||Folder 3||
Alumni Newsletter, ca. 1946
|Box 1||Folder 4||
Alumni Newsletter, 1948
|Box 1||Folder 5||
Alumni Newsletter, 1950
|Box 1||Folder 6||
General Materials, 1927-1955
|Box 1||Folder 7||
Geology Club Scrapbook, 1926-1947
END OF COLLECTION