Table of Contents
- Descriptive Summary
- Access Information
- Use Information
- Acquisition Information
- Processing Information
- Preferred Form of Citation
- Scope and Content Note
- Separated Materials
- Detailed Description of the Collection
- Dollar, Clyde D.
- Clyde D. Dollar Political Convention Materials
- Inclusive Dates
- MC 218
- 0.5 linear feet (2 boxes)
- Materials are in English.
- Special Collections Department, University of Arkansas Libraries
Please call (479) 575-8444 or email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your arrival to ensure availability of the materials.
No Use Restrictions Apply.
No Interlibrary Loan.
Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).
The Clyde D. Dollar Political Convention Materials were donated to Special Collections by Clyde D. Dollar of Fayetteville, Arkansas, on January 29, 1975.
Processed by Susan Lynn Parks, Special Collections Division, University of Arkansas Libraries, Fayetteville, Arkansas, in February, 1988.
Preferred Form of Citation
Clyde D. Dollar Political Convention Materials (MC 218), Special Collections, University of Arkansas Libraries, Fayetteville.
See Special Collections Citation Guide for more detailed information on how to cite specific documents from the collection.
Scope and Content Note
Materials concerning the 1952 Republican and Democratic National Conventions in Chicago.
Dollar attended both conventions and collected the materials, adding his own observations about the items and his experiences at the convention. All papers were published in 1952 unless otherwise noted. Numbers printed on the upper right corner of Dollar's typed notations were placed there by the author and are of no significance to the researcher.
The following items have been removed to the Broadside Collection:
- Broadside No. B2-70: Demand MacArthur, 1952. Reprint of an essay by Richard Lloyd Jones, originally appearing in the Tulsa Tribune, March 29, 1952, promoting Douglas MacArthur as a presidential candidate. 14 1/2" x 12".
- Broadside No. B3-71: Delegates are Welcome at Averell Harriman Headquarters, 1952. Delegate count chart kept by the Averell Harriman campaign headquarters at the 1952 Democratic National Convention. 22" x 13 1/2".
- Broadside No. B2-72: Warning! Mr. Republican Delegate, 1952. Essay on a split at the Republican National Convention and Douglas MacArthur capitalizing on the split as a dark horse candidate. 17" x 11".
Detailed Description of the Collection
The following contains a detailed list of the materials in the collection:
series 1: Republican National Convention,
This series covers the 1952 Republican National Convention, held in the Chicago Convention Center from July 7-10. Campaign material covers Presidential nominees Dwight D. Eisenhower, Robert Taft, and undeclared candidate General Douglas MacArthur.
|series I||Box 1||Folder 1||
Dwight D. Eisenhower campaign literature.
|series I||Box 1||Folder 2||
General Douglas MacArthur campaign literature.
|series I||Box 1||Folder 3||
Robert Taft campaign literature.
|series I||Box 1||Folder 4||
Convention papers, pamphlets, and tickets., July 4-7, 1952
|series I||Box 1||Folder 5||
Clippings on convention and candidates., July 5-21, 1952
series 2: 1952 Democratic National Convention
The 1952 Democratic National Convention was held July 21-26 at Chicago's International Amphitheater. Material in this series contains information on the convention and Presidential hopefuls Averell Harriman, Estes Kefauver, Robert Kerr, Richard Russell, and lesser knowns, such as David Darrin. Dollar was unable to find any material on Adlai Stevenson.
|series II||Box 2||Folder 1||
Presidential campaign literature.
|series II||Box 2||Folder 2||
Convention papers and pamphlets., Sept 21, 1951-July 21, 1952
|series II||Box 2||Folder 3||
Convention papers, pamphlets, and tickets., July 19-Aug 4, 1952
|series II||Box 2||Folder 4||
Clippings on convention and candidates., July 24-25, 1952
END OF COLLECTION