Course Reserves Tips for Students
Finding Course Reserves
Library course reserves may be found in several locations.
- Electronic journal articles and book chapters are available directly from your Blackboard class.
- Print and audio or video materials can be located at various service desks using our course reserves search in the library catalog.
If your instructor has placed items on reserve, follow the instructions below to locate the appropriate materials using Blackboard.
- Go to Blackboard (Bb) at http://learn.uark.edu
- Log in to Bb with your UARK username and password. without the @uark.edu.
- Under the “My Courses” section, select a course in which you are currently enrolled.
- Select Content to the left, in the list of options.
- The Reserves folder will be named Course Reserves, (course number).
- Click on the Course Reserves folder.
- All current / future items placed on reserve by the instructor can be reached from this folder.
Print and audio or video materials can be located at various service desks using our course reserves search in the library catalog. Search by instructor or course. If you are uncertain of either enter as much as you know and choose from the browse list.
- Example: inputting the letter C for the instructor will bring up all course reserves lists that have an instructor whose last name begins with C.
- Example: inputting the four letters for the course, e.g. HIST, or the beginning of the course name, will bring up all course reserve lists for courses that start with those four letters.
Once you locate your list of print reserves, you will need to note the location and call number of the reserve item you wish to check out. Take that information to the appropriate service desk.
MAIN RES = Mullins Library Circulation Desk
MEDIA RES = Performing Arts and Media
- Lindley and Kaneaster Hodges, Jr. Reading Room in Mullins Library