University Libraries Fall 2020 Updates
We're getting ready to reopen the Libraries, and and we’re looking forward to continuing to serve you.
Please check this page often for important updates regarding Libraries services and hours.
Beginning July 20, 2020
- We will begin offering pick up services at Mullins Library for items requested from the libary catalog, and for ILLiad Interlibrary Loan items.
- Service is available only for for University of Arkansas students, faculty and staff.
- Items may be requested from the Mullins Library main collections, as well as the Library Annex and branch libraries.
- Access to Mullins Library will be limited.
- Entry will be granted only to those who have requested materials in advance.
- Entrance will be limited to our pick-up windows of 9-11am and 1-3pm.
- Please wear a mask.
- Read more about how to request materials in the library catalog.
- Read more about how our pick up service will work.
- Branch libraries and Special Collections will remain closed.
Beginning August 10, 2020
- All University Libraries will be open to those practicing social distancing and health and safety protocols.
- The university will offer guidance and set expectations for all of campus.
- Hours may be limited and are subject to change.
- Special Collections will be open by appointment only to University of Arkansas students, faculty, and staff, 1-4pm Monday-Friday.
We're Open, Even When the Buildings are Closed
There are many ways the Libraries can provide you with expert help and services, on campus or off.
Get Help 24/7
Need help finding, using, or citing information? Ask us! You can chat with a librarian 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from the convenience of your home. This service is staffed by UARK librarians as well as librarians from other university libraries worldwide.
Consult your Subject Librarians
- Subject Librarians are available for remote consultation and instruction.
- Check our Research Guides for expert advice on topics from Accounting to Zotero, written by your subject librarians.
- Contact Special Collections for assistance with manuscript and rare book collections.
- Visit our Distance Learning page for tips for remote users.
Conduct your Research
The Libraries offer access to a multitude of online resources, including
- QuickSearch, a megasearch engine across millions of research articles, newspapers, magazines, books, dissertations, and reference dictionaries and encyclopedias
- 350+ specialized research databases
- 75,000+ e-journals
- 500,000+ e-books
- 200,000+ streaming videos and online audio files from our multimedia databases
- 18,000+ digital objects: images, audio, text, and more – through our Digital Collections
- 1500+ finding aids and descriptions of unique manuscript collections held by Special Collections.
Connect from Anywhere
Use our links to resources to authenticate as a University of Arkansas student, faculty, or staff member.
Read more about remote access to resources.
Electronic Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan
The Interlibrary Loan Department encourages you to continue submitting requests. Although we cannot guarantee success in each case, we will make every effort to locate items for you.
Renew your Checkouts
Login into My Library Account to view your checkouts and renew items.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request materials for your students.
Contact our Multimedia department at email@example.com for help in obtaining video for your classes.
Extended Loan Periods
The last thing you need to worry about at this time is an overdue book. The Libraries are extending all regular 16-week loans to be due back in September.
Not sure what you have checked out and when it is due? You can login to My Library Account to view your checkouts and renew items.
Book Drops are Open
We'll still be monitoring our three book drops for returned materials. In these extraordinary times, you may leave Interlibrary loan, course reserves, and audio visual materials in the book drops. Just library items only, please.