University Libraries Fall 2020 Updates
The Libraries are reopening and and we’re looking forward to continuing to serve you.
Please check this page often for important updates regarding Libraries services and hours.
Beginning August 17, 2020
- All University Libraries will be open to those practicing social distancing and health and safety protocols.
- Face coverings will be required.
- Hours may be limited and are subject to change.
- Items may still be requested in advance through the library catalog or through Interlibrary Loan for pickup.
- Due to new capacity guidelines and the ongoing construction on Levels 3 and 4 of Mullins Library, seating will be limited.
- Only the west (Union) side entrance of Mullins Library will be open.
- No food or drink will be permitted, with the exception of water bottles.
- Tables and chairs have been arranged to facilitate physical distancing. Please do not re-arrange them.
- Due to physical distancing and space limitations in Mullins Library during construction, the Libraries will not be able to host high school or other outside groups during Fall 2020.
- ARKLink cards from participating Arkansas colleges and univeristies will be accepted.
- Special Collections will be open by appointment only to University of Arkansas students, faculty, and staff, 1-4pm Monday-Friday.
We're Open, Even When the Buildings are Closed
There are many ways the Libraries can provide you with expert help and services, on campus or off.
Get Help 24/7
Need help finding, using, or citing information? Ask us! You can chat with a librarian 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from the convenience of your home. This service is staffed by UARK librarians as well as librarians from other university libraries worldwide.
Consult your Subject Librarians
- Subject Librarians are available for remote consultation and instruction.
- Check our Research Guides for expert advice on topics from Accounting to Zotero, written by your subject librarians.
- Contact Special Collections for assistance with manuscript and rare book collections.
- Visit our Distance Learning page for tips for remote users.
Conduct your Research
The Libraries offer access to a multitude of online resources, including
- QuickSearch, a megasearch engine across millions of research articles, newspapers, magazines, books, dissertations, and reference dictionaries and encyclopedias
- 350+ specialized research databases
- 173,000+ e-journals
- 830,000+ e-books
- 200,000+ streaming videos and online audio files from our multimedia databases
- 18,000+ digital objects: images, audio, text, and more – through our Digital Collections
- 1500+ finding aids and descriptions of unique manuscript collections held by Special Collections.
Connect from Anywhere
Use our links to resources to authenticate as a University of Arkansas student, faculty, or staff member.
Read more about remote access to resources.
Electronic Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan
The Interlibrary Loan Department encourages you to continue submitting requests. Although we cannot guarantee success in each case, we will make every effort to locate items for you.
Renew your Checkouts
Login into My Library Account to view your checkouts and renew items.
Contact us at email@example.com to request materials for your students.
Contact our Multimedia department at firstname.lastname@example.org for help in obtaining video for your classes.
Extended Loan Periods
The last thing you need to worry about at this time is an overdue book. The Libraries are extending all regular 16-week loans to be due back in September.
Not sure what you have checked out and when it is due? You can login to My Library Account to view your checkouts and renew items.
Book Drops are Open
We'll still be monitoring our three book drops for returned materials. In these extraordinary times, you may leave Interlibrary loan, course reserves, and audio visual materials in the book drops. Just library items only, please.