Diversity and Inclusion Task Force - Archived Materials
The Diversity and Inclusion Plan Task Force is charged to create a Strategic Diversity and Inclusion Plan for the University of Arkansas Libraries. Building on the principles of inclusion and equity, the plan will describe how the Libraries will deepen and enrich a culture and climate of diversity and inclusivity in support of the broader mission of the university.
Specifically, the Task Force is charged to:
- Identify ways to offer assistance, information, and pedagogy opportunities to build equity, diversity, and inclusion at the Libraries.
- Survey the collection to determine diversity gaps.
- Determine methods to hire and retain a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Draft a Strategic Diversity and Inclusion Plan, including policy and procedures, incorporating identified eight guiding priorities. Explain why and how initiatives will respond to each priority.
- Create collection policy to include more diversity and inclusion materials.
- Create research guide(s), or other web presence with information and templates, including subject-specific guidance for researchers.
- Develop templates, documents, and forms for researchers, if needed.
- Develop a plan to educate the campus community about diversity and inclusive materials in the collection and within the library.
Clear statement of focus – June 30, 2019
Action Plan implemented – August 15, 2019 (any actionable items completed by this date.)
- Jeff Banks (chair)
- Lori Birrell
- Molly Boyd
- Lisa Headstream
- Dylan Hurd
- Deb Kulczak
- Joel Thornton
- Jonathan Torres
- Marianne Williams
As needed to complete the report no later than May 15, 2019.