Eligible users may request that library items to be pulled and held for them at five libraries:
- Mullins Library
- Chemistry and Biochemistry Library
- Fine Arts Library
- Performing Arts and Media
- Physics Library
Most Young Law Library materials may be requested only if they are checked out to another patron; these requests will be held at the Law Library for pickup.
Materials at Crystal Bridges Museum Library do not circulate and must be consulted at the museum.
You will receive an email notice when the items are available for pick up. Requests will be processed twice each weekday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Requests will not be processed on the days the owning libraries are closed.
Items will be held for 5 days from the day an e-mail pickup notification is generated. Items not picked up after 5 days will be returned to the shelf. Items currently checked out to another patron may be requested and will be placed on hold as soon as they are returned.
To place a request:
- Go to the Library Catalog.
- Search for the items to be requested.
- Click on the title of the item to view the full record.
- Click the Request button.
- Enter your UARK user name and password.
- Select a pickup location.
- Enter the not needed after date (default is 30 days)
- Enter any additional instructions in the note field
All your requests are viewable from My Library Account and may be cancelled before they are processed by library staff.
Items that may generally be requested
- Bound journals
- Most audio and video materials
- Music scores
- Some micro format materials
- Government documents
- On order or in-process materials
Items that may generally NOT be requested
- Materials designated "noncirculating," including materials from Crystal Bridges Museum Library, Special Collections, and most reference collections
- Unbound journals
- Current Newspapers
- Materials sent to the Bindery
- Course Reserves materials
- Internet materials
- Laptop computers,or other digital equipment
- Materials at Young Law Library
Questions about requests, recalls, or holds?
866-818-8115 (toll free)