Computing in the Libraries
- Mullins Tech Spot
- Scanning and Copying
- Laptop Checkout
- Wireless Network Access
- Other Computing Resources
- Computer Use Policy
- Remote Access Policies
Mullins Tech Spot
The Mullins Tech Spot offers 130 computing stations, including 6 27" iMacs and 8 scanning stations. Additional printing stations save long walks from workstations. A quiet lab in the Periodicals Room offers space for individual work, while new, larger collaborative stations in the main area can accommodate study groups and research teams. Comfy chairs offer power and wired campus connections.
Current students, faculty, and staff may log in to Tech Spot computers with their UARK login and password. Library staff may log on guests who present a government-issued photo-ID when workstations are available. More about guest access.
Lab Operators and Library staff are available to help with technical and research questions.
Please see our printing FAQs.
Print Release Station
Print jobs are sent to a network queue and released through central print stations. There is a print station across from the Mullins Help Desk.
You will be asked for your UARK username and password when sending jobs to Tech Spot printers.
Login at http://printsmart.uark.edu to upload documents to send to campus Tech Spot printers.
All current university students, faculty, and staff will continue to receive a free quota of $35 per semester for use in Tech Spot printing, the equivalent of:
- 700 black and white single-sided pages (at 5 cents a page)
- 438 black and white double-sided pages (at 8 cents a page)
- 175 color pages (at 20 cents a page)
If you have exceeded your quota, you will be prompted add value to your Razorbuck$ account. You will be able to check your quota at any time at http://printsmart.uark.edu.
Visitors and community borrowers are not able to send jobs to Tech Spot printers. Please consider scanning, instead.
Scanning and Copying
KIC scanners make copying pages a breeze, with no logins or cost. You can save your scans to a USB drive or send as an email attachment.
Two KIC™ scanners are available across from the Help Desk in Mullins Library. Another KIC™ scanner is located in the Hodges Reading Room.
Several workstations across from the Mullins Help Desk are equipped with scanners. There are also scanners available for library researchers at the Fine Arts, Chemistry and Biochemistry, and Physics libraries.
Laptops are available for checkout in the Arkansas Union Student Technology Center. Laptops can be reserved in advance at online at reserveit.uark.edu.
Wireless Network Access
The campus offers two options for wireless connections:
- Open only to to current UARK students, faculty, and staff with their UARK username and password.
- Provides improved security and protection for users and the university, as well as unlimited access to online services.
UARK Guest Wi-Fi
- Open to all after inputting an email address.
- This connection is the default service that your device will usually attempt to access first.
- The UA Wireless service allows most web browsing activities. May not support some specialized services such as SSH, FTP, etc.
- UA Wireless cannot access our Find it! service.
Other Computing Resources
Specialized workstations and software are available in several departments and branches:
- Music research tools are available in Multimedia Services
- Adaptive technology for the visually impaired is available in Multimedia Services as well as the Mullins Tech Spot
- Microfilm scanning software in the Lindley and Kaneaster Hodges Jr. Periodicals Reading Room