Open Educational Resources
Open Educational Resources (OER) are "free AND openly licensed educational materials that can be used for teaching, learning, research and other purposes." (Creative Commons Wiki 2018). When used in the classroom they can be accessed by students for free or at a minimal cost. By collaborating to create high-quality shared texts, the academic community can dramatically lower the cost of textbooks and class materials for the students they teach. Learn more at the SPARC website or on our Research Guide.
The University of Arkansas Libraries leads campus open and affordable initiatives intended to help decrease or eliminate the cost of course materials. Partnered with the Global Campus, we help faculty identify cost-free, openly-licensed course materials and library resources that enhance teaching and encourage student learning. These resources contribute to University efforts to decrease the cost of attendance for students.
University Libraries/Global Campus OER Team
Open Education & Distance Learning Librarian
Head of Physics Library
Data Services Librarian
Director of Institutional and Design Services,
Carolyn Henderson Allen,
Special Assistant to the Provost
2020-21 OER Campus Advisory Group
The Open Education Campus Advisory Group (OER-CAG) assists in promoting Open Educational Resources (OER) awareness on the University of Arkansas campus, participates in and supports Open Education events and activities, and reviews OER Program Funding Applications. The group includes faculty, staff, administrators, ASG representatives, undergraduate students, and graduate students.
- Margaret Butcher, Assistant Professor, Communication
- Mostafa Elsaadany, Teaching Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- Jim Gigantio, II, Associate Dean, Graduate School
- Hailey Hoog, ASG Director of Open Education
- Julia Dusk Kennefick, Associate Professor, Physics
- Grace R. Kerr, Assistant Professor, Curriculum and Instruction
- Mo Leghari, General Manager, University of Arkansas Bookstore
- Mary Thompson Price, Senior Instructional Designer, Global Campus
- Guillermo Pupo Pernet, Graduate Assistant, University Libraries
- Heidi Scher, Associate Director - Assistive and Instructional Technology, CEA
- Jacquelyn Wiersma-Mosley, Professor, Human Development and Family Sciences
Contact us! email@example.com