University Libraries Service Updates
The Libraries continue to provide our services and collections in accordance with campus safety guidelines.
Please check this page often for important updates regarding Libraries services and hours.
Mullins Renewal Construction
- The East entrance is now open.
- Levels 3 and 4 remain closed during construction.
- Use the north elevator for access to Level 1.
- Library patrons must practice social distancing and health and safety protocols.
- Face coverings are required.
- Due to new capacity guidelines and the ongoing construction on Levels 3 and 4 of Mullins Library, seating is limited. Use our Seats reservation system to reserve your space.
- No food is permitted; beverages in reclosable containers are allowed.
- Tables and chairs have been arranged to facilitate physical distancing. Please do not re-arrange them.
- Due to physical distancing and space limitations in Mullins Library during construction, the Libraries are not able to host high school or other outside groups at this time.
- ARKLink cards from participating Arkansas colleges and univeristies will be accepted.
- Special Collections is open by appointment only to University of Arkansas students, faculty, and staff, 1-4pm Monday-Friday.
We're Open, Even When the Buildings are Closed
There are many ways the Libraries can provide you with expert help and services, on campus or off.
Get Help 24/7
Need help finding, using, or citing information? Ask us! You can chat with a librarian 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from the convenience of your home. This service is staffed by UARK librarians as well as librarians from other university libraries worldwide.
Consult your Subject Librarians
- Subject Librarians are available for remote consultation and instruction.
- Check our Research Guides for expert advice on topics from Accounting to Zotero, written by your subject librarians.
- Contact Special Collections for assistance with manuscript and rare book collections.
- Visit our Distance Learning page for tips for remote users.
Conduct your Research
The Libraries offer access to a multitude of online resources, including
- QuickSearch, a megasearch engine across millions of research articles, newspapers, magazines, books, dissertations, and reference dictionaries and encyclopedias
- 350+ specialized research databases
- 173,000+ e-journals
- 830,000+ e-books
- 200,000+ streaming videos and online audio files from our multimedia databases
- 21,000+ digital objects: images, audio, text, and more – through our Digital Collections
- 13,000+ student and faculty works in our ScholarWorks repository.
- 1,500+ finding aids and descriptions of unique manuscript collections held by Special Collections.
Connect from Anywhere
Use our links to resources to authenticate as a University of Arkansas student, faculty, or staff member.
Read more about remote access to resources.
Electronic Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan
While the department remains closed to walk in visitors, Interlibrary Loan services are operating normally. Please continue to submit requests.
Renew your Checkouts
Login into My Library Account to view your checkouts and renew items.
Our focus will be on providing electronic materials for reserve whenever possible.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request materials for your students.
Contact our Multimedia department at email@example.com for help in obtaining video for your classes.
More about course reserves.
Book Drops are Open
We'll still be monitoring our three book drops for returned materials. In these extraordinary times, you may leave Interlibrary loan, course reserves, and audio visual materials in the book drops. Just library items only, please.