ArkLink Reciprocal Borrowing Program
The University Libraries at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville participate in the ARKLink Reciprocal Borrowing Program whereby current University of Arkansas students, faculty, and staff may borrow materials from other participating academic libraries in Arkansas. Before visiting another library, current students, faculty, and staff should request an ARKLink card at the Mullins Library Help Desk.
Current University of Arkansas distance education students who are Arkansas residents may also request cards. This will allow you to check out books from a participating college or university library in your area. Use the Request an ARKLink Card form to request a card. Your request will be processed and a card will be mailed to you within five (5) business days. You will need to request a new card each semester you are enrolled.
Students, faculty, and staff from other participating academic libraries in the state may request an ARKLink card from their home library. This card will grant borrowing privileges at University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, libraries under the following guidelines:
- Individuals must present an ARKLink card issued by their home library and a photo ID. Fax authorization will be accepted only if received Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm. Photo identification and the ARKLink card must be presented in order to check out materials.
- Privileges will be granted on a semester basis for students, and on a yearly basis for faculty and staff.
- Individuals must complete the University of Arkansas "Registration for Reciprocal Circulation Privileges" form at the Help Desk in Mullins Library in order for a patron record to be created to allow checkout of materials.
Loan policy for ARKLink borrowers:
- 28 days (faculty, staff, and students)
- Maximum of 10 items, books only
- One renewal
- Ineligible to recall or place holds on materials
- Item checked out to ARKLink borrower may be requested by a UAF patron after two weeks. Items recalled must be returned within 7 days. Failure to return materials recalled will result in a block of privileges. A fee of $35.00 per item will be charged if items are not returned.