Special Collections supports the research, teaching, and learning mission of the University of Arkansas by collecting, preserving, and providing access to unique and rare materials.
Special Collections News
Recently Opened Collections
- Wilson, Arkansas, Photograph Collection
- The collection contains photographs of Wilson, Mississippi County, Arkansas, dating from circa 1930-1966.
- Elizabeth Lam Vieg Papers
- Correspondence, brochures, reports, speeches, and chapter drafts related to the Fulbright program and scholarly exchange, primarily gathered by Elizabeth Lam Vieg for the completion of a book on the history of the Fulbright program.
- Richard J. Brown Papers
- Correspondence, reports, programs, itineraries, and other documents, primarily related to Richard J. Brown’s tenure as executive director of the U.S. Commission for Cultural Exchange with Iran from 1965 to 1967.
- Julius Herman Field Photographs
- Sepia or black and white prints, produced by Julius Herman Field in and around Fayetteville, Ark. Includes scenes near Happy Hollow Farm, the University of Arkansas, the Washington County Courthouse, Monte Ne, and Eureka Springs' Crescent Hotel; portraits of Charles Joseph Finger, John Leonard Hancock, Margaret Campbell Hancock and Marian Campbell Martin; and several unidentified subjects.
Recently Added Books
Featured Exhibit: Many Voices: Student Publications at the University of Arkansas
This exhibition explores student publications at the University of Arkansas, beginning with the first student publication in 1893 to present.