Special Collections supports the research, teaching, and learning mission of the University of Arkansas by collecting, preserving, and providing access to unique and rare materials.
Special Collections News
Recently Opened Collections
- Louis and Elizabeth Selzer Papers
- The collection consists of the personal papers, primarily photographs and correspondence, of Louis and Elizabeth (Lizzie) Selzer, a couple involved with traveling circuses and carnivals in the American South and Midwest.
- Henry Tovey Music Collection
- The collection includes both personal materials of Henry Tovey and his personal record collection, including a selection of classical pieces performed by singers, pianists, and orchestras of the early 20th century; some of these records were privately pressed by the artist for Tovey.
- Robert L. Savage Papers
- This collection contains professional correspondence and materials of University of Arkansas Political Science professor Robert L. Savage.
- Retha Wood Oral History Interview
- The collection consists of an oral history interview, on audio cassette tape, conducted by Randall Leo Hudson of Retha Wood on April 15, 1993, about Wood's experience growing up during the Great Depression in rural Le Flore County, Oklahoma. Also included is a photocopy of notes by Wood related to her discussions in the interview.
Recently Added Books
Featured Exhibit: New Acquisitions
Highlighting recent acquisitions as part of our exhibit program gives us the opportunity to share such newly acquired materials with the public.