Guest Exhibit Proposals
Look for all new exhibit space when the Mullins Library renewal is completed in 2024.
The goal of the University Libraries exhibits program is to support the research and learning mission of the University of Arkansas. Guest-curated exhibits in the Walton Reading Room and in other select locations throughout Mullins Library will seek to engage members of the faculty, students, and staff. To participate in the exhibits program as a guest curator, please complete the form below. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibit proposals and materials are subject to review by the University Libraries. Guest curators are responsible for selecting items to display, creating any support mounts to properly secure the items, writing and printing exhibit text and signage, and installing the display. University Libraries will assist with promoting the exhibit, if desired.
Submission timeline: If you have an idea that falls outside of this timeline, please email email@example.com.
- For exhibits on display during fall semester: submit proposal by January of that year.
- For exhibits on display during spring semester: submit proposal by May of the previous year.
- For exhibits on display during the summer: submit proposal by September of the previous year.
Criteria for Successful Submissions:
- The exhibit items and text have a narrative with a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds.
- Exhibit theme is distinctive and doesn't overlap with themes already planned for Exhibits program in that same calendar year.
Additional information: Once your proposal has been reviewed and approved by the Education & Engagement Archivist and Associate Dean for Special Collections, you'll meet with the Education & Engagement Archivist to discuss the timeline and details of your exhibit. Guest curators are required to follow the Special Collections Exhibit Style Guide for exhibit text, which will be provided once the proposal has been approved.